Registration for AP Maths 2019 opens on the 16th October 2018.
We are of the belief that those learners who show a high aptitude for mathematics should not be held back in their education but rather extended. It is with this in mind that Advantage Maths would like to offer you the opportunity to study Advanced Programme Mathematics as an extra-curricular course run completely online.
This course is the first of 3 levels (Grade 10, 11 and 12) and is a year long programme where you study your AP Maths at your own pace and in your own time.
We offer two payment options below, upfront or a payment plan over 6months
For all the course details please see the sections below. If you have any questions then please ask our team using the chat button in the corner of your screen, we’d love to talk to you!
Purchase this course
Please add the details of the learner(s) who will be using the course below, and then choose your course options before adding to cart.
Booking currently unavailable
How does it work?
This online course is designed to plugin to your school life. It is a full online course that runs over 32 weeks in the school year and offers you the ability to study AP Maths at your own pace and in your own time. It runs from January to October.
This course is fully online, all you need is:
- A device to watch the videos on (computer, tablet or phone).
- An internet connection.
Learn – Practice – Assess – Ask
This is our motto for learning.
- Learn – every section of the course is covered in a HD teaching video. Using state of the art technology these video’s make the student feel like they have a personal teacher, ready to teach anytime. The video’s have been split up into the smallest possible sections to make learning easy to manage.
- Practice – all of the lessons are accompanied by worksheets. These are in PDF form and can be viewed on a device or can be downloaded and printed out. Students can practice example questions and then watch the teacher go through them. It’s important for students to engage with the content and not just watch it.
- Assess – throughout the course we have small multiple choice assessements allowing students to check how they are doing. If they do not do well on these then they may need to re-look over the section to check they fully understood it. There is no use advancing to the next section if you have not understood the previous one.
- Ask – this is where Advantage Learn differentiates itself from other Online learning providers. We have a team of Maths Experts who are available every day from 8.30am-5pm to answer any questions relating to the course. All of them love teaching and sharing knowledge and help students to understand the sections they may have struggled on.
The course prepares student for the IEB Advanced Programme mathematics Certificate.
This exam is normally taken 2weeks before the Matric Finals take place in October. You will need to organise sitting this examination at your local school, we will assist you in this process if you ask us to. The cost to sit this exam is R850, however this can change as the cost is set by the IEB each year.
|Syllabus||Grade 10||Grade 11||Grade 12|
|Module A||Algebra 1||Algebra 2||Differentiation 2|
|Module B||Integration 1||Differentiation 1||Integration 3|
|Module C||Statistics 1||Integration 2||Statistics 3|
|Module D||N/A||Statistics 2||Algebra 3|
Our course is a three year programme starting in Grade 10 and running through to the IEB Grade 12 exam. We focus on key learning areas and concepts aimed at helping you prepare for the IEB AP Maths exam. Our experienced educators have made the decision to focus on the sections of the AP Maths curriculum that are most beneficial to the cross section of learners. With this in mind the teaching team have decided to train students on Calculus, Algebra and Statistics. Many students and parents often ask us why we focus so heavily on Statistics when there are elective topics that are slightly easier. The answer is simple, Statistics is used the most by students at a tertiary level and thus it is critical that they learn the fundamentals of Statistics in AP Maths.
The 6-month payment plan option can only be used if you choose to pay with a credit/debit card. Unfortunately, we cannot process debit orders, efts, Zapper or Payfast for the payment plan. A 5% admin fee is added for this option.
Please note: if payments have not been completed you will lose access to this course until payment has been made. Please ensure you pay timeously.
The course will begin January 2019 and ends with a final assessment in October 2019.
Who should take this course?
- Students with a strong Core Maths competency level. This means you should be getting at least 70% at the end of Grade 9.
- Students who are interested in Maths.
- Students who wish to give themselves the edge in competitive degree programs like Engineering, Medicine and Business Science.
- This course should be done by students in their Grade 10 year – if you are in Grade 11 or 12 and would like to start AP Maths late, please get hold of us so that we can help you with the best option to catch up, it is possible.
I Absolutely loved the courses and can’t wait for next year!
- Jason Harris -
04 Dec 2018
The course was great! It was challenging but well explained. The tutors were very helpful and supportive.
- Nirvana Panday -
03 Dec 2018
Very helpful, it helped with my core maths too
- Carin Van Staden -
28 Nov 2018